Herschel is Infrared Heat
Warmer, longer, for less; the future of heating – today
To pioneer the use of Far Infrared as a comfort heating solution for our customers by:
- constantly striving to develop and produce highly innovative products;
- providing the most comprehensive range of heaters to address the widest range of applications;
- applying and building on our unrivalled expertise & knowhow;
- providing the best support for dealers and customers;
- being the first and only Far Infrared supplier to provide training and ensure our dealers and installers are properly accredited.
- Integrity – we act with the utmost integrity in all our dealings with customers and other stakeholders;
- Passion – we are passionate about Far Infrared and our products;
- Pioneering – we lead the way in Far Infrared innovation and its application;
- Quality – we always seek to provide quality service, advice, support and products;
- Customer focused – we believe that our customers are our business and are always at the forefront of our decision-making;
- Social Responsibility – we fully believe in the environmental and health benefits of using Far Infrared and its ability to heat people in a more cost effective, sustainable and affordable way.
The brightest Far Infrared object in the universe is a galaxy called Messier 82, many pictures of which have been taken by the Herschel space observatory and by Hubble. (Image courtesy of NASA / ESA / STScI).
In 1800, William Herschel was testing filters to help him observe sun spots. When he used a red filter, he found there was a lot of heat produced by the light. Interested to discover more, Herschel split the sunlight into its different colours using a prism to measure the temperature of each.
He positioned another thermometer outside the last visible colour Red, as a control to measure room temperature. However, Herschel found that this final thermometer was reading more than all the other thermometers in the visible light bands!
He therefore concluded there must be a heat-producing invisible wavelength below (“infra”) the colour red and it became called “InfraRed”.
We are building on Herschel’s legacy and are pioneering the use of Far Infrared to heat people and buildings in more efficient, effective, stylish and comfortable ways than many traditional forms of heating.
We call it “Comfort Heating”
Our range of Far Infrared heaters is the most comprehensive in the world. We have high quality heaters to suit almost any application and, combined with our control systems, are at the forefront of the revolution in heating.