The Advantage IRP4 Industrial heater consists of 4 high-emission ceramic heating elements mounted in a directional reflective unit. It is designed to gently warm people indoors using infrared radiated heat. Infrared heat is emitted from the hot surface of the ceramic heaters and warms the body directly without heating the air in between. As soon as the heater is switched on the ceramic elements start to warm up and full operating temperature is achieved in less than 10 minutes. As the energy produced is all in the low medium to far infrared region (not visible), there is no light emitted from the heater, but elements can produce a very faint orange glow.
The IRP4 must be located in a position to allow proper and efficient use but one that ensures hot parts are not touched accidentally. The recommended installation height of the IRP4 is 2.8m to 3.5m (110”-138”) from the floor and under no circumstances is it to be installed at less than 2.5m (98”) from the floor. In all cases it should be installed at a height where it cannot be touched in operation. Consideration should be given to any temporary or occasional additions such as stages or platforms, and the height should be adjusted accordingly. Minimum distance from a wall is 1.5m (59″).
The Herschel IRP4 should be firmly and permanently attached using the brackets provided with a minimum clearance of 125mm (4.9”) between the top surface of the heater and the ceiling. Brackets must be attached to a solid surface capable of supporting the weight of the heater (11.3kg).
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
Click here to download the Installation Manual.
We recommend the Advantage IRP4 Heater for Industrial and Workshop space heating applications. This ceiling-mounted unit is designed for spaces providing adequate clearance from the ground (3.5 – 4.0m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 125mm) and from the nearest wall (minimum 1.5m). With input power requirements of 2600 watts, these low watt-density heaters give a far higher equivalent heat output compared with hot air or gas-burning “space ray” type heating systems or other forms of electric heating often used in these environments. There are additional benefits:
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.